axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject FW: [axis2] questions...
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:36:50 GMT
Hi,

I have picked up a little more information on how Axis2 achieves statefullness just by reading
email threads, but any additional more specific insight would be great.

Also, on question (2) below how do you set HTTP headers for client invocation.  What I did
below did not work, please explain.  It seems as though the API is not consistent with setting
client options.  Can anyone summarize the options that can be set and how to set them?

Also, regarding WS-Security options/configuration... It appears that you can only set these
semantics by using OutFlowSecurity/InFlowSecurity handlers.  There is no way to set/configure
these parameters programmatically, right?

Thanks for any feedback.

 In other words how does Axis2 keep session affinity among services and their many clients?
 Are clients expected to participate (be aware of session semantics)?  Do clients need to
pass a session context id of some sort?  Just wandering how this process works.

> (2) setting output http headers...
>
> For instance if I want to set Connection : close
>
> 		options.setProperty(
> 				HTTPConstants.HEADER_CONNECTION,
> 				HTTPConstants.HEADER_CONNECTION_CLOSE);
>                         ServiceClient serviceClient = new ServiceClient();
>                         serviceClient.setOptions(axisOptions);
>
>                         serviceClient.sendReceive(payload);
>
> This should work right?  I watched what was sent over the wire with an HTTP tracer and
this header was not added like I expected.