axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Compile errors since httpcore-4.0-alpha3
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:52:54 GMT
On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 21:24 +0200, Alexander Veit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that httpcore made some design improvements that may affect
> Axis2. With httpcore 4.0-alpha3 org.apache.http.Header and
> org.apache.http.StatusLine are no longer classes but interfaces (see
> http://tinyurl.com/z2fqm).
>
> To let Axis2 compile with httpcore > 4.0-alpha2 and to avoid future
> runtime errors, I would suggest to replace
>
> org.apache.http.Header -> org.apache.http.message.BasicHeader
> org.apache.http.StatusLine -> org.apache.http.message.BasicStatusLine
>
> in the org.apache.axis2.transport.http packages.
>

> Regards, Alex

Alex et al,

Please do not compile Axis2 against HttpCore trunk as it is likely to be
API incompatible with the latest official release. I'll be updating
SimpleHttpServer simultaneously with every official release of HttpCore
and will be providing patches that incorporate all the latest API
changes and new features. So, Axis2 will always be shielded from the API
instability in HttpCore.

I am in the process of developing NIO based extensions to HttpCore and
may make changes that break public API as I go along.

Oleg