axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Google SoC: ADB Project
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:10:07 GMT
Hi Maryam,
What I thought as appropriate for the simple type is to wrap the
necessary type in class and build the restriction logic into that
class.
For example think of a restriction based on xs:string with a pattern
like the following

<xs:simpleType name="myType">
	<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
		 <xs:pattern value="\d"/>
	</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

for this I suggest we generate a class MyType that wraps a
java.lang.string. For the setter we can inserts a reg exp based
checker that throws an exception (??) for a wrong value . How does
that sound :)

Ajith

On 7/4/06, Maryam Moazeni <mmoazeni@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding the complex content restriction:
>
> In the case that the restriction base type is a complex type, the derived
> class overrides the getter and setter corresponding to restricted elements,
> but how about when the restriction base type is a simple type? simple types
> doesn't have elements !!
>
> in the current implementation for the extension of a simple type, the
> derived class extends "org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement" and its elements are
> added to the class.
> but seems there's a different story for restriction.
>
> Any Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maryam
>

> > Hi Ajith,
> >

> > Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
> >
> > For (1), (2) I was thinking of what you mentioned. So, you say we
> shouldn't have the
> > real Java inheritance here because of the existence of primitive types,
> right?
> >

> > Well, I have already started testing some simple schemas with the
> XMLBeans. That seems to be the only source for me :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Maryam
> >

> > On 6/22/06, Ajith Ranabahu < ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Maryam,
> > > I've had the thoughts for the supporting of simple content extension
> > > and restriction and complex content restriction (We already support
> > > complex content extension partially)
> > >
> > > 1. simple content extension
> > > This should generate a seperate class that contains the base type as
> > > a field. for the variations, there would be  other fields generated
> > > into the class (say in the case of attributes). Note that extending
> > > the classes would not work since there can be java primitives (like
> > > int and boolean) and even if mapped to a class the class may not be
> > > extensible (like the java.lang.String which is final)
> > >
> > > 2.  simple content restriction
> > > This should be the same as the extension case but now it would have
> > > conditions generated into the the setter method of the base field. Say
> > > in the case of enums there should be a list of constants and the
> > > constants should be checked against the input value when setting the
> > > value. Similar check can be done for the regular expressions.
> > >
> > > 3. Complex content restriction
> > >   Hmm... this is somewhat tricky. What I see is that we can extend
> > > the generated class just like for extension but overrride the setters
> > > depending on the restriction.
> > >
> > > One thing you can do is to see what XMLbeans does for this. Only thing
> > > is they generate classes all over the place (:)) and it might be a bit
> > > hard to figure out what is what :)
> > >
> > > Others please add your thoughts into this.
> > >
> > > Ajith

> these

> > > --
> > > Ajith Ranabahu