axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] MTOM Large file sending problem
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:04:04 GMT
Hi all,
After further investigating in to recent reports of MTOM not being able to
send large files, I found out that the problem lies with the Async
invocation.
In the sync+file caching everything works fine and smoothly for server
uploads, without giving any noticeable increase of memory usage. But server
gets out of memory exception  when trying to echo back the received
attachment. Reason may be the same as for the following async case.

In the Async case memory usage goes high, proportionally to the attachment
size. It seems Axis2 is trying to read the attachment in to memory in the
async case. I went on debugging and still didn't get any clue. This is a
very strange behaviour, cause both sync and async internally use the same
code base, except for the new thread.

I would be glad if somebody can shed some light on to this. Any pointers
would be great.

Thanks,
~Thilina
--