axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Phases concept is confusing - bug or feature? Please discuss!
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:39:06 GMT
Hi Deepal, Thilo,

> > - Why is there a "Security" phase in th In Flow, but not in the Out Flow?
> >   Rampart puts its SecurityOutHandler into the "MessageOut" phase...
> >   Wouldn't it be easier to understand if there was a Security phase in
> > the
> >   Out Flow as well?
>
> Ruchith what do you think  ? I am +1 of doing this change.

+1

IMHO we will have to break the current "MessageOut" phase two. The
idea is to have a phase holding the transport sender as the last phase
and the "Security" phase to be placed just before that.  Can we do
this?

Its very important that the outflow security handler runs just before
the transport sender to ensure no modifications to the secured
message.

Thanks,
Ruchith
--