axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <>
Subject Re: hot deployment for services that have scope = "application"
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:21:08 GMT
Hi Tony;
Hmm, I just changed the code to throw that exception , at that time what
I thought was when u deploying a service in application scope lifetime
of both your service and system should be the same. So when the system
start if you have any service with its scope being application , then I
start those service and create ServiceContext for them too.

I think we do not need to keep such a restriction , so I will go ahead
and change the code not to throw exception.

Tony Dean wrote:

>Can you explain why you do not allow hot deployment of services that have scope = "application".
 In the very least I should be able to drop a *new* service into the services dir and it be
automatically deployed.  Do you not agree?  Maybe I am missing something here...  Thanks.
>Tony Dean
>SAS Institute Inc.
>SAS... The Power to Know
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: