axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Saving the message context
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:28:55 GMT
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 09:07 -0500, Ann Robinson wrote:
> Hi,
> I am investigating how to save and restore the message context in
> AXIS2. This is functionality that would be used, for example, by
> WS-ReliableMessaging to recover from a server/engine restart. This
> would also involve having a plugpoint for handlers to be able to save
> and restore their message context-related data (for example, the
> security handler might need to save a certificate or to re-establish a
> credential/token).

We avoid this in Sandesha by storing the message instead of the message
context. Please ask on sandesha-dev and I'm sure someone will explain
how its done.

> I have noticed that many of the classes involved with the
> MessageContext reference java.io.Serializable although few actually
> implement it. Has there been any thoughts or work regarding this?

Yes, don't do it :). We should remove the Serializable markers- those
were left over from an attempt a while back. Saving the entire context
hierarchy and bringing it back via serialization just doesn't work.

Sanjiva.