axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject [axis2] Message Receiver refactoring proposal
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 00:55:16 GMT
Hi all,

One of the the things that came out of the weekly chat last week was
message receiver refactoring:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=115089662113689&w=2

Dims, Deepal and I agreed that we'd allow a Parameter in services.xml
that would define a service object, to be handled inside
AbstractMessageReceiver.makeNewServiceObject() that would hand off the
responsability of creating a service class to an implementation
defined as a service object, similair to how one would define a
service class.

There is a JIRA with a proposed patch for review:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-751

The patch is just 8 lines, the cost being a single op to test for null.

What this patch solves is the removal of duplicate code created by
simple inheritence. For example, all 7 or so Message Receivers extend
AbstractMessageReceiver. In order to create the Spring support, I just
needed a new way to do makeNewServiceObject() . However, via just
inheritance, I had to duplicate all the other code unneccesarily. With
this patch, I can use all the existing message receivers and remove
the duplicate code.

Comments?
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com