axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <>
Subject [ADB] Google SOC: ADB Project
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:21:45 GMT
Hi Maryam,
I've had the thoughts for the supporting of simple content extension
and restriction and complex content restriction (We already support
complex content extension partially)

1. simple content extension
  This should generate a seperate class that contains the base type as
a field. for the variations, there would be  other fields generated
into the class (say in the case of attributes). Note that extending
the classes would not work since there can be java primitives (like
int and boolean) and even if mapped to a class the class may not be
extensible (like the java.lang.String which is final)

 2.  simple content restriction
  This should be the same as the extension case but now it would have
conditions generated into the the setter method of the base field. Say
in the case of enums there should be a list of constants and the
constants should be checked against the input value when setting the
value. Similar check can be done for the regular expressions.

3. Complex content restriction
   Hmm... this is somewhat tricky. What I see is that we can extend
the generated class just like for extension but overrride the setters
depending on the restriction.

One thing you can do is to see what XMLbeans does for this. Only thing
is they generate classes all over the place (:)) and it might be a bit
hard to figure out what is what :)

Others please add your thoughts into this.

On 6/21/06, Maryam Moazeni <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm doing a project for improving ADB for Google Summer of Code,
> At this point, I'm trying to implement the
> Simple Content Restriction and Extension
> Complex Content Restriction and Extension
> I'd like to receive sugestions from Axis2 Developers for implementing these
> features.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Maryam Moazeni