axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject [Proposal] Adding writable capability to OM elements
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:35:27 GMT
Hi All,
There have been some talk about performance improvements for Axis2
next steps. So here is a small proposal of how to do a possible
optimization with AXIOM and ADB.

1. AXIOM needs to have an interface that allows a XMLStreamWriter to
passed. This allows the implementer (of the interface) to have code
that directly uses the writer. (Currently the OMDataSource has the
necessary methods. We actually need only one, the write method).

2. We have a special OMElement abstract class that implements the
OMDataSource that has a constructor taking in an ADBBean.

3. All ADB beans are added an extra method to pump out a special
OMElement that have the write code generated. Note that this is a
concrete class based on the special OMElement mentioned in [2].

4. The ADB databinding template is changed to get the OMElement from
the ADBBean instead of building one. We basically change the
implementation of the toOM method.

Thoughts ?

BTW - I am still writing the answer to Dennis about unwrapping :)
--
Ajith Ranabahu