axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS1x bug: 2+ operations with same input/output
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:05:28 GMT
Method overloading should not be exposed through your WSDL interface. You
should define a unique operation name and a unique input message for each
operation. If your service implementation uses method overloading, that's
fine -- but you need to provide an abstraction layer between your WSDL
interface and the service implementation.

The SOAP specification requires that each operation has a unique signature.
(well, technically, it's not required by SOAP 1.1, but it is required by
WS-I Basic Profile and SOAP 1.2. In any case, most SOAP implementations
don't support it.)

Anne