axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mike_McAn...@wendys.com
Subject RE: [axis2] client development
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:43:51 GMT
SoapUI also makes their source available.  You could peruse it for ideas
on dynamically creating service clients from WSDLs.

Mike McAngus
Associate Chief Engineer, Enterprise Architecture
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Boulevard
Dublin, OH 43017

Tony Dean wrote:

Thanks, I will check this out as a testing tool.  But, one of my main
focuses is to be able to read a wsdl and invoke a given service with it's
desired input programatically.  The input may be simple and/or complex
types and the service endpoint may be any style or use.

From: Mike McAngus [we need a way to remove eddresses from this list so
that spammers don't use this list to harvest eddresses]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:55 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [axis2] client development

Tony,

I don't see any replies so far.

Have you looked at SoapUI ( http://www.soapui.org/ )?

So far, it has been able to interact with all the Services I've had to
investigate.

Mike McAngus
Associate Chief Engineer, Enterprise Architecture
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Boulevard
Dublin, OH 43017

Tony Dean wrote:

Hi,

I will preface this saying that I have not done much client development...
spending much of my time developing web services themselves.  Now, I have
need to develop a client that can take an arbitrary wsdl on the fly and
generate SOAP requests irregardless of the web service endpoint style
(rpc/document, literal/encoded).  The SOAP envelope request will need to
be generated at runtime so that they process is truly dynamic.  I was
thinking of using something like wsdl4j to interpret the wsdl and then
generate the payload accordingly.  Is this the right approach?  In your
client samples you basically have a ServiceClient that can send OMElement
structure in varying MEPs.  Is there an API that I can use to tell you for
instance that this request is an rpc request with such and such
parameters.  Or is this left up to the programmer to encode in the
OMElement structure?  Just looking for some insight and direction.

Thanks for your time.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704