axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mike_McAn...@wendys.com
Subject Re: [Axis2] Build for SVN snapshot at the revision 414289 fails
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:56:06 GMT
Hi Oshani,

Sure enough, after I added Eran Chinthaka's location, another error popped
up.

So, I added Dims' location, and it appears that create-lib ran to
completion.

A few things I did notice:
1.  Attempts to download various Axis2 and Axiom SNAPSHOT jars occurred
repeatedly for each goal.  Sometimes it appeared that these SNAPSHOTS
downloaded but most of the time it appeared that they didn't.
B.  It was not always the first attempt to download these SNAPSHOT jars
that was successful.
III.  Regardless of whether or not a successful download occurred, the
message "Response content length is not known" for each attempt.

I know very little about Maven (though I am learning now), but the above
behavior does "feel" right.

It also doesn't feel right that we have to add someone's personal plugin
repository to the repo list in order for create-lib to finish
successfully.

Mike McAngus
Associate Chief Engineer, Enterprise Architecture
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Boulevard
Dublin, OH 43017

Oshani Seneviratne wrote

Hi Mike,

I also ran into the same problem after getting a fresh svn checkout
and running the create-lib goal. So, as Dims has pointed out earlier
in this thread, I added http://ws.zones.apache.org/~dims/maven/ as a
Dependency Repository in project.properties. Then the build was
sucessful.

I guess this is the easiest thing to do (rather than manually copying
jars to the maven repo), since there are other jars apart from
maven-itest-plugin-1.0.jar which maven couldn't seem to download.

HTH

Oshani.