axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Turrell <GTURR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/Woden Integration Scenario Explanation
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:22:54 GMT
Hi Chinthaka,

There's currently an Axis2 JIRA [1] which prevents me from recreating your
test scenario (missing ExtensionUtility class).
Did you encountered this issue, and if so did you manage to find a
workaround in Axis2?

Any suggestions welcome.

[1]  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-828

Kind Regards,

Graham.
Graham C Turrell CEng, MBCS
Chartered IT Practitioner

WebSphere ESB Foundation Technologies
DE3F16 / MP 211
IBM Labs
Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
England.  SO21 2JN

Tel +44-(0)1962-815018
email: gturrell@uk.ibm.com

"No army can withstand the force of an idea whose time
has come.". -Victor Hugo

             Eran Chinthaka
             <chinthaka@openso
             urce.lk>                                                   To
                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             14/06/2006 07:23                                           cc
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Axis2/Woden Integration Scenario
             woden-dev@ws.apac         Explanation
                  he.org

Hi,

This will explain how the woden integration is happening with Axis2, as
requested during the last woden telecon.

I got the HotelReservationService.wsdl [1] from the woden repo and
generated java artifacts from it. Axis2 wsdl2java can generate both
skeletons (this is the skeleton of the service implementation which is
described by the wsdl) and stubs (this is used to invoke the service).
This step required to read the wsdl 2.0 documents through Woden, then
pump the information populated in Woden in to Axis2 data binding frameowrk.

Then I filled the methods in the skeleton to make it a dummy service and
deployed as web service in Axis2 engine.
Next, I used the above generated stub to invoke the service that was
deployed.
I could successfully complete the scenario getting a response for the
invocation. This is an *initial* sign which indicates that Axis2/Woden
integration is successful.

Things to do :
- I need to check other WSDLs
- need to improve Axis2 internals a bit more to make sure new MEP uris
and other new namespaces are integrated properly.
- improve ?wsdl20, if there are problems

How to try :
One can run Axis2 wsdl2java tool by running
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code with the following command line options.

-uri
$AXIS2_HOME/modules/adb-codegen/test-resources/wsdl20/HotelReservationService.wsdl

-ss -sd -g -o <the places generated stuff should go > -p
org.apache.wodenintegration -wv 2

You will get stubs and skeletons for the given wsdl.

If required I can host this service in a public endpoint for you all to
invoke and see.

Thanks,
-- Chinthaka

[1] :