axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Implementing unwrapped (was Re: [Axis2] Planning for Axis2 next rev - 1.1 (?))
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:32:18 GMT
Ah, there's actually a third advantage to the second approach I gave of
having the data binding code generate a method like:

  OMElement processFoo(OMElement elem)

This third advantage relates to the way most data binding frameworks
handle unmarshalling. Typically you need some form of context set up to
handle the unmarshalling, and the context can be relatively expensive to
construct. Using a single method call like this allows the data binding
code to just construct a single context and use it for all the
parameters, while the separate methods approach would probably require a
separate context to be created for each parameter.

  - Dennis