axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Starting up Axis2 transports
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:13:03 GMT

We had this feature sometimes ago and we had to removed that since there
were few JIRAs on the list saying why do you start all the transports
w.o asking. I mean if the axis2.xml has several transport listeners then
we started all of them whether user wants or not. So I dont like go to
the same state again.

And like the approach that you mentioned to control this using a
parameter, so how about the following approach.
    - User can specify any number of transports in axis2.xml
   - but by default we are not going to start any of them
   - if user want to start them then he has to go and change axis2.xml
(need to add a parameter)
   - If the parameter is there we will start all the transport using
Listener Manager

comments ..... ?

Asankha C. Perera wrote:

> Simply adding a transport receiver to an axis2.xml does not seem to
> start it up (e.g. JMS), unless the listener manager is specifically
> invoked. I think Axis2 should start up all specified transports at
> initialization. If required this could be further controlled by a
> parameter which may specify whether all transports should be
> initialized in this manner. This feature would be useful to Synapse as
> well.
>
> asankha

Thanks,
Deepal