axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Planning for Axis2 next rev - 1.1 (?)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:11:45 GMT
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:

>> In the case of JiBX unwrapped handling for the MessageReceiverInOut,
>> I've replaced the calls to _toOM_ and _fromOM_ methods with code
>> generated in-line by the data binding extension template. This code
>> handles the actual conversion of values using predetermined parameter
>> variable names (_1, _2, etc.). The main MessageReceiverTemplate then
>> generates the call to the service method using these parameter names,
>> and invokes the data binding template again for handling the return
>> value (if any). This is somewhat messy in terms of the code generation
>> (especially since it's done using XSLT), but avoids the problems with
>> simpler approaches.
>>

> So basically what you mean is to handle unwrap at the databinding
> level without trying a generic solution ?
Yes. At least, I couldn't figure out any clean generic solution. I think
we can use the same XSLT template as a basis for the different
databinding approaches, and perhaps even bring a lot of the complexity
into the common templates (so that the common template just invokes the
databinding template to generate the code for each specific conversion),
but AFAIKS the details of each parameter and result conversion need to
be fully under the control of the databinding extension.

  - Dennis