axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Geronimo integration?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:19:01 GMT
Jongjin Choi wrote:
> My point is that the JAX-RPC and JAX-WS impl in a Java EE 5 container
> should use same SAAJ impl. If not, two implementation of one interface
> co-exists and that may cause some problem.
>
> I agree with you. SAAJ is SAAJ but SAAJ impl of Axis 2 is based on
> Axiom. Isn't it?
> I think that if Axis1 and Axis 2 coexits in a Java EE 5 container,
> they should use one SAAJ impl (maybe SAAJ of Axis2 ) in common. This
> is why I addressed Axis 1 restructuring.
>
> It seems uglier (to me) to use two different SAAJ impl for JAX-RPC and
> JAX-WS than to use Axis1 / Axis 2 in a Java EE 5 container.

Do both impls have to be visible to every app in the server? I think you
probably would want it that way, because I can imagine an axis2 service
that wants to call out to an rpc/enc client. Otherwise you could isolate
to one saaj per deployed app.

Also, what about all the wsdl4j stuff -does that stay in sync?

-stve