axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chathura Herath" <chathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] woden/axis2 interop
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 03:37:03 GMT
Hi,

So here is where we stand. Basic skeleton of the integration is
there.I called it skeleton because it need to handle the rpc case and
not so urgent but eventually need to handle the policy stuff. you can
run WSDL2Jave with -wv 2 which will engage the woden. It will not
codegen successfully, there is a schema compilation issue and have to
fix it. I am concentrating on the xmlbeans databinding right now.

The two Scenarios given above are the classic interop test and would
be great to have. My guess is within two weeks we should be able to
get the run time up and them we could see how the clients and servers
generated with the isomorphic but two WSDL versions would interop. So
i would say we will be able to have at least one interop scenario for
the interop.

John you could see the WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder which is the center
of the integration work.
Oshini please send your patches often and do have a look at the latest
code. I should commit more often cos you are working on it as well. I
have changed it to work with the component model, i belive you
followed that thread.
Thanks
Chathura

> Oshani,
>
> can you please open a JIRA issue and keep uploading diff's as you progress?
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 6/6/06, Oshani Seneviratne <oshanis@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With the help of the core Axis2 dev team, I'm also in the process of
> > implementing the Axis2/Woden integration. At the moment, my efforts are on
> > populating the AxisService once a WSDL2.0 is bundled in a service archive
> > file and deployed on Axis2.
> >

> > > There's a class called WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder in Axis2. I haven't
> > looked at it yet, but is this the 'layer' between Woden and Axis2?
> >

> > AFAIK, yes. And I am using this class to populate the AxisService from the
> > Woden components.
> >
> > Hopefully I should be able to finish this by July 5th, so that the scenarios
> > mentioned earlier can be tested with Axis2.
> >
> > Oshani
> >

> --

Chathura Herath
http://people.apache.org/~chathura/