axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Feng <pl...@yahoo.com>
Subject security sample key generator question
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:33:52 GMT
Hello
    I am using Axis 1.3, and exploring the security
sample which includes code to generate a digital
signature for the purposes of signing a soap envelope.
There is a security certificate in the sample  called
keystore.jks. I have used the jdk1.4 keytool to create
another certificate(keytool -export -v -alias duke
-file duke.jks -storetype -jks), but I  am running
into this error when I submit use the newly generated
security certificate.
 [java] Beginning Client signing...
 [java] java.io.IOException: Invalid keystore format
 [java]     at
sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.ja
32)
 [java]     at
java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
         I am fairly new to java security, and I just
want to know if I am using the right tool to generate
the certificate or if I should use the bouncy castle
classes to generate the certificates.