axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] C code generation using codegen tool - whre to put the code?
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 04:55:47 GMT
Hi,
I guess it is ok to commit the C-stuff into Java SVN since there is no
dependency on the language at the time of generating code. It's just
gonna be a few classes and a bunch of templates and they being in the
Java SVN does not mean any harm.

As for moving the codegen tool out, I'm not really sure we should be
doing that right now. One issue I see in that is the use of core Axis2
components inside the codegen module where there is a tight dependency
on Axis2 components such as the Axis service. Yet the codegen is
supposed to be "independent" to a certain extent and it surely belongs
in a seperate project.

Ajith

On 5/19/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 08:35 +0600, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >     Dimutu, one of the contributors to Axis2/C has developed some code
> > to generate C code using the Java codegen tool.
> >     I initially thought this should go to Axis2/C svn. However, I see
> > that there is a CSharpEmitter.java in Java svn. So I thought we could
> > also place the C specific code too to the Java svn.
> >
> > There would be the following Java classes to be added:
> > codegen/emitter:
> > CEmitter.java
> >
> > codegen/writer:
> > CHeaderWriter.java  CSourceWriter.java  HeaderWriter.java
> >
> > Also the templates to be added to template/c
> >
> > Please let me know if you guys are OK to add this to Java svn. Also we
> > have the property file to be added. Should we also add that to Java svn?
>
> +1 from me.
>
> While we're at it, can we move the wsdl2code project into its own WS
> subproject? I'm not sure exactly what its Axis2 deps are but can it
> simply depend on specific revision of the core jar (or whatever it
> needs)? That will make it much easier for Axis2/C for example to ship
> the codegen tool as its own tool as well.
>
> Sanjiva.

Ajith Ranabahu