axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hughes" <hugh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 and Woden
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 21:55:29 GMT
Hi, the interop event is happening in July [1] at IBM in Toronto.

+1 to implementing WSDL 2.0 support in Axis2 with Woden and leaving
WSDL 1.1 to WSDL4J.

When Woden gains WSDL 1.1 support we can consider removing WSDL4J all
together in favour of Woden (if the Axis2 community agree to this of
course). I feel we need to be careful where we do this so as not to
disrupt the stability of the Axis2 1.0.x stream.

One of the objectives (from the Woden user guide [2]) is:

* Develop a framework extension mechanism that allows alternative XML
parsers to be used to support different usage scenarios and
performance requirements, then develop a WSDL parser implementation
based on an XML streaming 'pull' parser such as StAX (JSR173).

Rather than remove the dependency on DOM, I favour being able to
choose which parser paradigm to use - if that's even possible and we
certainly haven't proven that! So Woden on StAX or Woden on AXIOM
might be possibilities.

You mention some code you've been working on
(WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder) ... is that anywhere in the Axis2 SVN?
Howabout we start a branch in Axis2 to focus on the July interop
Axis2+Woden integration (unless there other favoured approaches to
working on this away from the HEAD) ?

Cheers,
Jeremy

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Apr/0019.html