axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 and Woden
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 18:01:51 GMT
Hi Chathura and all,

I also looked at Woden M4 recently and started working on integrating
that with Axis2. Its good to know that now you also have time to do the
same and hope we can do a better one.

Chathura Herath wrote:

> WSDL2JAVA:
>
> The proposal is to support both wsdl4j based and woden based code
> generation. This way we can keep wdl4j for wsdl 1.1(which is already
> inplace) and use woden for parsing WSDL 2.0 files. Idea is to put a
> switch in the code generation so that one can opt for wsdl4j or woden.
> Something like
> Java2WSDL -wsdlversion woden .....
> (Or may be later we can add a AXIOM based util that determines the
> WSDL version. I wonder woden already have this kind of utility)
>
> Code generation currently relies on the AxisService which eliminates
> the direct dependency on a particular wsdl parser. So its well
> decoupled already using a WSDL2AxisServiceBuilder. The proposal is to
> interface this and introduce
> WSDL11TOAxisServieBuilder (just a mater of renaming)
> WodenToAxisServiceBuilder
>
> I trust the emitters will work as anticipated and produce the proper
> outputs given the AxisService is built correctly.

I already cleared the path to do this. I renamed WSDL2AxisServiceBuilder
to WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder and created the super class
WSDLToAxisServiceBuilder. I'm half way done with
WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder, but if you are already done that, I'm ok
with cleaning up my local changes. Please let me know what to do.
Still there are some hard dependencies in CodeGenerationEngine on WSDL4J
to be removed.

< I didn't think about Client API, so no comments on them for the time
being :). >

> JAVA2WSDL
> Right now we use Axiom to build and serialise the WSDL. We could
> either extend this for writing WSDL 2.0 document. The woden currently
> has a WSDL 1.1 to WSDL 2.0 converter. I havent tested it but i think
> we could use that for immediate usage.

Chathura, I read the release notes of Woden M4 and they have mentioned
that WSDL 1.1 support is yet to come. So once we get that in Woden we
can replace WSDL4J completely with Woden.

Anyway, this is the plan I suggest.

Short term plan for WSDL 2.0 Interop :
Lets implement WSDL 2.0 support to Axis2 with Woden and leave WSDL4J as
WSDL 1.1 provider.

Long term plan :
Implement WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 from Woden only and remove wsdl4j dependency.
And in release notes its said that even StAX support is coming with
Woden. Lets integrate Woden with StAX and even remove DOM dependency as
well. So I feel all those tasks can be done by whoever proposed to do a
Google SoC on that.

> I have done some work on the wsdl2java module and the builders and
> could commit it in if this sounds ok.
> Hope to produce a deliverable before the 6th June woden Interop.

I think the interop is on July. Can some one knows about this please verify.

Thanks,
Chinthaka