axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Spring Support
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 17:11:38 GMT
Hi Rajith!

Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> If things can be done effectively with minimum effort then  a business
> would
> consider it over something else.
> Maybe I was frustrated with people always complaining about not being able
> to do this or that with the current tools.
> (Human beings always wants more, and when I think it's the same with me, so
> there is nothing wrong with it )

+1!  Wanting more / easier is what pushes innovation.  For instance, I'm
pretty glad I don't have to crank-start my automobile these days. :)

> But as Jin rightly points out this is an important factor and I appolagize
> for my comment.

Dude, no need to apologize...  It's just a discussion and we deal with
differing opinions and ways of communicating all the time - there was
nothing to apologize for.   "Yup, I can see your point" is quite
sufficient, IMHO. :)

> All though I recognize that exposing there existing objects as Web Services
> is like 90% of the case, I am sad that people are not willing to take full
> advantage of the power of web services. I recognize the above feature as
> *VERY* important.
>
> But again I am sad that this is as far as people are willing to go. I would
> be very happy if they go further into tapping the full potential of the web
> services. Maybe I have missed the point.

What do you think "the full potential of web services" is, Rajith?

Imagine using Axis2 to do a fully data-bound service, but also using the
WSRM/WS-Security modules and perhaps even using Synapse to notarize
requests/responses at an intermediary.  To the user, that's just a
Java-based remote invocation which happens to use WS transport.  But
they get all this nice QoS and notarization, and can switch out versions
of WSRM without changing their service code, etc.... That sure seems
like using the power of the framework to me!

--Glen