axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Thilo Frotscher (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-647) "Unbound namespace URI" when generating code for ADB and using chained schema imports
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 14:23:55 GMT
    [ ] 

Thilo Frotscher commented on AXIS2-647:

Did you only try to generate the code? Or did you actually deploy the service and use the
generated stub to send a message to the service?

Code generation works fine for me as well. However, after deploying the service and using
the stub to send a message, I get an "Unbound namespace URI" exception if my WSDL imports
a schema which imports a second schema.
After moving all types from the second schema to the first schema and restarting WSDL2Java
everything works fine...

That's why I think that there's a bug in how WSDL2Java deals with schemas that import other
I tested the latest sources from SVN and the problem is still there. Here's the stack trace:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unbound namespace URI ''
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(
	at org.apache.axis2.RestaurantServiceStub.GetMenuList(
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unbound namespace URI '';
nested exception is: Unbound namespace URI ''
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(
	at org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$
Caused by: Unbound namespace URI ''
	at com.ctc.wstx.sw.SimpleNsStreamWriter.writeStartOrEmpty(
	at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BaseNsStreamWriter.writeStartElement(
	at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPEnvelopeImpl.internalSerialize(
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.sendUsingOutputStream(
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(
	... 21 more

	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.<init>(
	... 4 more

> "Unbound namespace URI" when generating code for ADB and using chained schema imports
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>          Key: AXIS2-647
>          URL:
>      Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>         Type: Bug

>  Environment: Axis2 1.0 RC4
>     Reporter: Thilo Frotscher
>  Attachments: Restaurant.xsd, RestaurantMessages.xsd, RestaurantService.aar, RestaurantService.wsdl,,
> My scenario is as follows:
> - I defined the datatypes for my sample application in file Restaurant.xsd and namespace
> - I defined the messages for communication with the RestaurantService in file RestaurantMessages.xsd
and namespace R2
> - RestaurantMessages.xsd imports Restaurant.xsd, since the messages make use of the basic
> - My WSDL imports RestaurantMessages.xsd
> - WS-I test tools show that this WSDL complies to BP
> - This scenario worked nicely with Axis 1.3
> I generated service and client code for this WSDL with WSDL2Java and ADB option. When
I send a message to the service using the generated proxy, I get an "Unbound namespace URI"
error for namespace R1( ! ) on the server side. That is interesting, because the messages
that are sent back and forth are all in namespace R2 and my request message does not contain
any reference to R1 whatsoever. However, the response message (R2) is supposed to contain
types defined in Restaurant.xsd.
> If I move all the datatype definitions from file Restaurant.xsd into RestaurantMessages.xsd
and thus from R1 to R2, everything works fine.
> Apparently Axis2 / ADB has issues with chained imports, perhaps only if not all of the
imports belong to the same namespace.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message