axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject [axis2] Re: Fwd: Refactoring message receivers
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 23:00:22 GMT
(Added missing [axis2] prefix.)

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 17:45 -0400, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Robert I totally agree with you here. Can we refactor the
> MessageReceiver interface to add more methods.
> The makeNewServiceObject() seems to be a bit more broad. Maybe we
> should break it down to isolate the class loading part to avoid the
> code duplication Robert pointed out.
>
> However here is my request. I would love to see invokeBusinessLogic
> method in the MessageReceiver interface !!!

No way! That will totally break the design point of the engine being
unaware of the details of the MEP and simply delivering the message to
the message receiver and saying "here you go, got a message for you".
There's no concept of "invoke biz logic" out of the engine.

> Bcos then I can write a  general decorator that wraps around the
> invocation wether the Message receiver is RawXML, RPC or Spring
> based.
> Now I have to duplicate code all over which is very ugly.

I don't get it - why can't you share code thru inheritance and
delegation?

> Btw the invokeBusinessLogic has both the inMsgContext and the
> outMsgContext, so u can write a decorater that could pass some
> reference from the inMsgCtx to the outMsgCtx, which could be very
> handy.

Again you're assuming that the MEP has both of those and doesn't have a
2nd in msg context for example. That's not correct.

Sanjiva.