axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Geronimo integration?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 13:30:24 GMT
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 08:03 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sanjiva,
>
> Problem that jongjin is referring to is that when you drop our Axis2
> saaj impl into Axis1, it will blow up.

I'm prolly being thick but why? "Drop our Axis2 SAAJ impl into Axis1"
must imply that the person dropping it did the work to integrate it via
the right factory and so forth .. and in that case its not obvious to me
why it should fail. Does Axis1 treat its SAAJ impl differently from pure
SAAJ??

Anyway this conversation seems to be moot: If JAX-RPC requires the old
pre-DOM SAAJ per Nick's message then we are indeed doomed (not DOOMed ..
which would of course imply that we're using the DOOM SAAJ). We can of
course impl the old SAAJ stuff using (DO)OM underneath too.

I wonder how XFire and Celtix deal with this issue- do either of them
support JAX-RPC and JAX-WS simultaneously?

Sanjiva.