axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: Extensions and revisions to SimpleHTTPServer
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 14:29:35 GMT
Plus .. we didn't have any other choice on the client side in the J2SE
case. If the listener manager stuff is configured correctly then when
the client is running in a server environment it should pick up the
server's listener.

Anyway, now we appear to have a client side solution that we can be
proud of :) and one that can indeed scale to a standalone-server level.
Excellent!

Sanjiva.

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 09:19 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> This warning is for use ON the server-side :) Definitely not for high
> volume stuff that a server needs to handle. Client-side is ok.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 5/23/06, Jeff Barrett <barrettj@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Sanjiva,
> >
> > I'm a bit confused by the statement "the current SimpleHTTPServer was of course
never meant for production use".  I see the following tag specified in shipped version of
axis2.xml:
> >     <transportReceiver name="http" class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer">
> >
> > I understand the "non-production" statement from a server-side perspective due to
integration with the server.  However, on a J2SE client, the SimpleHTTPServer is what is used
to receive async responses.  Are you saying that client-side async responses aren't expected
or supported in a "production environment"?  What are the expectations regarding Axis2 support
for async responses in a production environment?