axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: Extensions and revisions to SimpleHTTPServer
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 18:35:47 GMT
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 20:17 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 07:57 -1000, Chuck Williams wrote:
> > Oleg,
> >
> > Thanks for doing this!  Is your code committed or posted somewhere?
> > Please let me know when and where I can obtain it for testing, and to
> > create a resource-manageable http server based on it.
>
> I plat to create a Jira ticket and attach a patch to it. I just would
> like to run a few more performance benchmarks. The current version of
> SimpleHttpServer keeps on falling flat every time I am trying to put
> some load on it with the HTTP benchmarking tool. At some point I'll just
> give up.

:) .. the current SimpleHTTPServer was of course never meant for
production use.

If you want to compare perf with Tomcat etc. you could use the perf
benchmark that Dims recently posted; see:
	http://www.wso2.net/2006/05/axis2_performance_testing_round_1

> > Re. the 202 issue, if only used for in-only messages, then the
> > for non-empty responses?
>
> I do not see a way to tell those messages apart at the HTTP transport
> level. That's the trouble.

That's only visible by looking at the WS-Addressing headers. We know
this info fairly early but because we're executing the message thru
using the transport thread we couldn't shut down the stuff earlier when
using a servlet transport. With a native HTTP processor however I see no
reason why we can't early close the incoming channel when there's a
wsa:ReplyTo which will cause the 202 to be sent.

We of course need to do that w/o making the WS-Addr stuff specific to
this type of transport. One option would be to introduce a special
handler only in that case which will execute this logic.

(Do you need more detailed hints? Seems like you've broken in quite well
already :) .. thanks!)

Sanjiva.