axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Attachments Support
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:46:54 GMT
Hi,
Personally I'm +1 for getting Attachment streaming in to Axis2 1.0..
Frankly I wasn't able to have a look at the patch:(..

0+ for the o.a.a.attachemnets move.(0+ because of the release, if not
+1 for that too)...

But I feel  we should wait for the opinion from the guys who are
working really hard on the release :)..

Thanks,
~Thilina

> Team, Thilina,
>
> DISCLAIMER: I hate last-minute surgery and i don't like refactoring so
> late in the game
>
> Having said that,  I was reviewing the code from Deepak [1] when it
> hit me that org.apache.axiom.attachments is not required to be in
> AXIOM at all!!! it can be safely moved to say for example
> org.apache.axis2.core.attachments w/o any harm/modification to AXIOM
> itself. This will help us rev attachments support better in Axis2 than
> if we kept the code in AXIOM. Deepak's changes will help immensely in
> streaming attachments especially for huge attachments basically by
> giving an API on the server-side to get to the attachments ("API for
> attachments")
>
> What do you think? Are we game for one last major change since we are
> going to cut rc2 on friday?
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-588