axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "A srivani" <srivani...@gmail.com>
Subject Null pointer exception thrown when redeployed webapplication which uses axis
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 05:40:38 GMT
 *Hi there,*

*In my webapplication axis is used to connect webservices. If the
axis.jaris in WEB-INF/lib I can reload my app and everything is fine.
But when I moved axis.jar to CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib to shrink the size of
my war file I get a NullPointerException (stack trace follows) when **the
application has been reloaded and I try to connect to a service. The
application runs fine until I try to connect to a webservice. What could be
the reason for this?*

* I surfed the forums related to the problem and found that some are
suggesting to make reloadable=true in server.xml.But it is not possible for
me.*
* After debugging the tomcat source(
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebAppClassLoader.java), found that when the
application is redeployed, axis.jar is available but it is not able to load
'org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory' class which is invoked from
org.apache.axis.Service' constructor to get AxisEngine. Thus resulting Null
pointer Exception.*
* *
*Any pointers to solve the problem?Is it possible not to package
axis.jarwith my application?
*
* *
*Thanks in advance......*
*A Srivani.*

*java.lang.NullPointerException*

        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResources (
WebappClassLoader.java:956)

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:1015)

        at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.getResources(
JDK12Hooks.java:150)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResources(
DiscoverResources.java :153)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.getNextResource(
DiscoverResources.java :129)

        at org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.DiscoverResources$1.hasNext
(DiscoverResources.java :116)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNextClassNames(
DiscoverNamesInFile.java:

186)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.getNextClassName(
DiscoverNamesInFile.java:1

70)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.DiscoverNamesInFile$1.hasNext(
DiscoverNamesInFile.java :157)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.getNextIterator
(NameDiscoverers.java :143)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.names.NameDiscoverers$1.hasNext(
NameDiscoverers.java :126)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$1.getNextResource(
ResourceClassDiscov

erImpl.java:159)

        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.resource.classes.ResourceClassDiscoverImpl$1.hasNext(
ResourceClassDiscoverImpl.j

ava:147)

        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(
EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java :12

0)

        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(
EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja

va:113)

        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(
EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.ja

va:160)

        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getEngineConfiguration (
Service.java:812)

        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java :103)

        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java :112)

        at