axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] test failurs and log4j warnings in modules/Integration; where do log messages go?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:40:34 GMT
Hi,

Sure, I'll create a Jira and put what you've asked for in it.

I've "narrowed" it down to the point where if I comment out the
UtilServer.stop() in CharactersetEncoded.tearDown() (and leave everything
else as is), the test passes every time.  It seems to have something to do
with the Util server going up and down (on Windows XP at least).  Also at
the point that the ConnectException is initially thrown from
PlainSocketImpl in the failing case, there IS a thread doing a
listener.accept() and netstat reports port 5555 as listening.

I noticed that David Illsley <david.illsley@uk.ibm.com> replied to the
list saying he was seeing similar (and possibly related) integration test
failures on Windows XP using a variety of JDKs (including non-IBM ones)

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk>
04/17/2006 09:26 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [axis2] test failurs and log4j warnings in modules/Integration; where
do log messages go?

Hi Jeff,

Can you do this, please. Run "maven clean jar" and send us the whole
output you see. And if there are tests failing, please send us the test
reports as well. I prefer if you can create a JIRA and point to that
from here.

(If you do not know how to find test reports, its like this.
If a test is failing in integration module, got to
integration/target/test-reports. And search for the file(s) which
corresponds to the test failure(s). If
org.apache.axis2.engine.EchoRawXMLTest is failing, then you should see
TEST-org.apache.axis2.engine.EchoRawXMLTest.txt in
integration/target/test-reports )

BTW, I don't have IBM Jdk 1.5 with me. Bill Nagy or some one having IBM
Jdk 1.5, are you all experiencing the same thing ?

-- Chinthaka

Jeff Barrett wrote:

> Hi Chinthaka,
>
> I've seen the failures with both Maven 1.0.2 and 1.1-beta2.  I also see
> the same failures running the tests individually inside Eclipse v3.1.2.
>  I am running the IBM JDK 1.5.
>
> I did check the FAQ http://ws.apache.org/axis2/faq.html and didn't see
> anything that looked related to this.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
> Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
> Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com
>

> *Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk>*
>
> 04/14/2006 10:40 AM
> Please respond to
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org

>                axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
>                Re: [axis2] test failurs and log4j warnings in
modules/Integration;
> where do log messages go?
>

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I just checked the build and the build was successful.
>
> I'm on JDK 1.5 (in Ubuntu 5.10). Maven 1.0.2.
>

> Which version of JDK and maven you have ? Did u check the FAQ ?
>
> -- Chinthaka
>
> Jeff Barrett wrote:
>>
>> I am having some failures in the Integration module tests from the code
>> I extracted today (Revision: 393790):
>>     [junit] [ERROR] Test
>> org.apache.axis2.engine.CharactersetEncodingTest FAILED
>>     [junit] [ERROR] Test
>> org.apache.axis2.engine.CommonsHTTPEchoRawXMLTest FAILED
>>     [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.EchoRawXMLMultipleTest
>> FAILED
>>     [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.EchoRawXMLTest FAILED
>>     [junit] [ERROR] Test org.apache.axis2.engine.FaultHandlingTest
FAILED