axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Peshansky <ig...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [Axis2] Decoupling dispatch/invocation from XML parsing/construction
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:16:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Axis2 for dispatching and invoking web services, while
substituting my own XML parser/serializer/object model in place of AXIOM.
It
looks like AXIOM is pretty ingrained in the interfaces (i.e.,
MessageContext
refers to a SOAPEnvelope, which contains OMElements).  For the response
part,
I can probably just retrieve the OutputStream via
MessageContext.TRANSPORT_OUT
and write into it.  But is there a (relatively) easy way to get access to
the
raw XML data in a message (as an InputStream or a String) before it's
parsed
into AXIOM?  If so, where would be a good place to put a call to our own
parser, and where in the MessageContext could I store the parsed XML
objects
(I'm guessing in a custom property of MessageContext)?  If I succeed in
doing
this, can I also prevent the XML from being parsed into AXIOM?  Should I
simply
reimplement the parsing logic in HTTPTransportUtils (and its equivalents
for
other transport methods)?  Any advice?  Any caveats, or gotchas I should
watch
out for?

Incidentally, there seems to be a bug in
HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest()
(Axis2 v. 0.95) that will result in a NullPointerException if the
contentType
parameter is null (not a real bug report, but more of a sanity check to
see if
I understand the code properly).
Thanks,
        Igor
--
Igor Peshansky  (note the spelling change!)
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center