axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chamikara Jayalath" <>
Subject [Axis2] Giving modules the ability to define their own phases
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 07:39:17 GMT
Hi All,

Phases are a nice feature in axis2 that is used by many module authors. But
there is a small defect in this that limits its usability to some extend.
This is the inability for modules to add their own phases without doing
changes to the axis2.xml.

For e.g. Sandesha2 module expect to add its handlers to a custom phase
called 'RMPhase'. But since this cannot be added by itselt (for e.g. by
mentioning in the module.xml), users have to always edit the axis2.xml file
by hand and add this phase. This makes the task difficult for users and is
error prone.

I believe it will be useful to make this feature available. My be we can
have a switch in axis2.xml which tells weather modules are allowed to
dynamically add their own phases or not.

comments ... ?

View raw message