axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] SNAPSHOTS
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:09:44 GMT
I definitely agree the current maven build is a problem. Is it not
possible to fix that build to get around some of these problems, though?
The worst aspect of the maven build is the many-times-repeated checks
and multiple downloads of jars. If this behavior is truly unavoidable
when using maven for a multiproject build then we should enter a bug
against maven, because the repeated checks and downloads create the
potential for a broken distribution. maven should treat each particular
dependency as atomic for a build, and only check each dependency once.

  - Dennis

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>Maven2 is not there yet. Geronimo dev team is struggling to get things
>working. FYI, All our custom maven.xml stuff will have to be thrown
>out completely.
>
>-- dims
>
>On 4/27/06, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:
>

>>While Deepal is reverting this, I'd like to suggest one short term
>>solution and one long term solution for this.
>>
>>Short term solution : I wrote a script that will create a zip of a maven
>>repository that can be downloaded by anyone. This zip will be updated
>>once per day. Anyone setting up Axis2, can first checkout Axis2. Then
>>download that zip. Unzip that to maven local repository and he is gtg.
>>This was initially suggested by Sanjiva.[1]
>>
>>Long term solution : Move in to maven2, which we think have fixes for
>>some of the problems we are facing now.
>>
>> Comments ?
>>
>>-- Chinthaka
>>
>>[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=114570024014379&w=2

> [...]