axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] SNAPSHOTS
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:27:50 GMT
While Deepal is reverting this, I'd like to suggest one short term
solution and one long term solution for this.

Short term solution : I wrote a script that will create a zip of a maven
repository that can be downloaded by anyone. This zip will be updated
once per day. Anyone setting up Axis2, can first checkout Axis2. Then
download that zip. Unzip that to maven local repository and he is gtg.
This was initially suggested by Sanjiva.[1]

Long term solution : Move in to maven2, which we think have fixes for
some of the problems we are facing now.

 Comments ?

-- Chinthaka

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=114570024014379&w=2

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> ok. please revert this change.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 4/27/06, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:
>> So is that OK if I revert the changes till 1.0  release ? :)
>>
>> I am always +1 on listening to people's problems , but at this point I
>> have to selfish otherwise it will  make problems for the release testing .
>>
>> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>>
>>> We've had these problems for months .. can we please defer this change
>>> for until after this week when we expect to have 1.0 ready? Surely we
>>> can wait for a week; whatever problems people have been having we've
>>> lived with them for so long!
>>>
>>> Sanjiva.

What