axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] dependency between addressing and SOAPAction
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:50:01 GMT
Hi Eran!

Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> When you do not get an action header when addressing is engaged, u
> should throw a fault, according to the spec. I hope you know that part.

Hm.  Quick question here - I think there is (or at least should be) a
difference between a Module being "engaged" and "required", right?  I'm
pretty sure we had this discussion before, but the way I think this
works is as follows:

CHOICE 1 : Addressing engaged, "required" flag set false

In this case the addressing handlers are deployed, and if someone sends
us addressing headers, we'll respond with addressing headers.  When
sending as a client, we'll use addressing on a per-message basis as
determined by whether the client has set the correct properties.  When
generating WSDL for a service that's been configured like this, we
should see "wsa:UsingAddressing" without the wsdl:required attribute.
In this configuration, we should NOT throw a fault if we receive a
message without addressing headers (unless we're on the client side and
we sent a request with addressing headers).

CHOICE 2 : Addressing engaged, "required" flag set true

This is like the last case except that we DO require addressing in all
received messages - therefore we should throw a fault any time we don't
see the addressing headers.

CHOICE 3 : Addressing not engaged

Nothing happens.

-----

Does this sound right?  The "required" flag above is a property in the
addressing module's context/configuration.

--Glen