axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Giving modules the ability to define their own phases
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:21:34 GMT
Hi Chamikara

I remember we had this discussion at the last f2f we had in Colombo and
the final conclusion was not to allows module to add phases by itself.
If some module require some specific phase then adding a phase is  just
a matter of changing the axis2.xml.

I know if some one want to change axis2.xml in oder to deploy a module
that is not a good idea and that break modulelarity of a module. There
for my suggestion  is we should treat module like Security , Sandesha
separately and if they want some phase we should add them into
default_axis2.xml

I am +1 on supporting Sandesha , Security etc by default .

And I dont like the idea of adding phases by module when they get
initialize , that may lead system into unknown state , since no one know
what we are going to have at the runtime.

--
Thanks,
Deepal