axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Attachments Support
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:18:58 GMT
Team, Thilina,

DISCLAIMER: I hate last-minute surgery and i don't like refactoring so
late in the game

Having said that,  I was reviewing the code from Deepak [1] when it
hit me that org.apache.axiom.attachments is not required to be in
AXIOM at all!!! it can be safely moved to say for example
org.apache.axis2.core.attachments w/o any harm/modification to AXIOM
itself. This will help us rev attachments support better in Axis2 than
if we kept the code in AXIOM. Deepak's changes will help immensely in
streaming attachments especially for huge attachments basically by
giving an API on the server-side to get to the attachments ("API for
attachments")

What do you think? Are we game for one last major change since we are
going to cut rc2 on friday?

thanks,
dims

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-588