axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Decoupling dispatch/invocation from XML parsing/construction
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:04:57 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 13:38 -0400, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Is there a way to do this, or will Axis2 always parse the body using
> its own parser?  FWIW, it's not good enough for us to get access to the
> XMLStreamReader (which is StAX, IIRC) -- we have our own parser that we'll
> need to use.  And yes, I'm aware that we'll have to reimplement the
> security subsystem in this case.  Basically, how much of the Axis2 code,
> in your estimation, will we be able to reuse?

(Hi Igor .. pls say hi to Mukund for me :-))

So .. I don't think there's a way to make this work for you. Its not
really about the parser- its about the information model we use to
represent SOAP messages. We use AXIOM; that's not a pluggable component
in any way.

The only thing you might do is do your own Axiom impl instead of ours
and have it front whatever your XML Infoset model you use in XJ. Axiom
assumes that its built with StAX but if you write your own impl there's
nothing that stops you from building it using another mechanism and then
fitting into Axis2.

Sanjiva.