axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]UnsupportedOperationException on InOut MEP????
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 12:53:48 GMT
I think major point is WSDL have a notion  that *everything is
explained with respect to the Service Provider* in all times. (I think
both you and glen says a the first F2F this is done to avoid need to
have a client specific WSDL) .

Even though looking the things at the Service Requester's point of
view from the client can argued to be correct, with this model we are
using MEP names from WSDL spec but we break *everything is explained
with respsect to the Service Provider* rule. This will lead to lot of
confusion. If we are using names from WSDL we must be consistsnt with
their model.

Think for a moment following happens?

Say one of my lab mate come and asked me "Why you guys call
Request-Response a InOutMEPClient?". Then I explain how we are
consistent with WSDL spec and explain everything with respect to the
server ... so on

If he come to me tommrrow and ask me why my service fails saying
"InOutMep not found"? What am I suppose to say? I have to say my last
explanation is no longer true .. this is new interpretations ... so
on.

If we use names from WSDL and break their model of *everything is
explained with respect to the Service Provider* we are going to have
lot of confused users and developers
Thanks
Srinath

--