axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]UnsupportedOperationException on InOut MEP????
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 01:02:55 GMT
> > That means one can not use the Service build from the WSDL in the
> > client side as operations says wrong MEP. Do we need to do a different
> > WSDL parsing and building AxisOperation for Server and client side?
>
> Yes; the MEP *always* represents the actual direction of message flow.
> That simplifies a lot of stuff and does not force you to keep saying "if
> client out means in and in means out" .. now out always means out and in
> always means in.

On the other hand now the WSDL should be interpreted knowing it is
parsed at the server side or client side and interchange the MEP name
if it is at the client. We are adding another set of if() with new
model.  .. yes we should choosing less evil one

> > Why Out-In AxisOperation extends InOutAxisOperation .. which not at
> > all make sense to me?
>
> Code sharing :(. Maybe that should be refactored to some util stuff.
Usually if we have a extension hierarchy which is not true in the real
world (e.g. InOutMepClient is in no way a generalization of the
OutInMepClient).. that means something is wrong. We should move it to
a Util .. as it mislead developer

> > What is going on? Either I am not seeing something obvious something
> > terribly wrong? Please let me know what I am suppose to do?
>
> The problem is that there's a bug in the new ServiceClient (WSDL) code;
> its building the wrong kind of AxisOperation objects. Someone else
> (Fernando?) reported that bug too yesterday IIRC. I believe he created a
> JIRA.
At least I understood the argument for the change?  (Even though I am
not convinced yet.. this is a too big  change  ... thinking :) ) I
think code that build a service from WSDL need a to have a parameter
passed in called isServerSide. I will fix it ( I can not continue my
work without fixing it).

Thanks very much for the explanation :), Please do a big announcement
when this kind of thing is done (was it there? I missed it if it was).
I was taken completely off guard
Thanks
Srinath