axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Shall we adopt maven2 ?
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:44:34 GMT
Hi,
Good that you answered. See my answers inline

>    1. Do we have a major bottleneck with maven 1.x, that we are using
>       now ? I don't see any of them.
Well no!
>    2. Do we need to move in to the latest one, all the times ? I hope
>       not. Simple example is when Intel released 3.2GHz processor, shall
>       I throw away my 2.4GHz processor, which is working fine for my work ??

Well let me see... I have a P1 about 5 years old which is perfectly
functional but I don't use it anymore. I can if I want to but it's not
upto the job :). guess you got the hint;)

>    3. We have come very much closer to Axis2 1.0. I hope we have very
>       high priority items than moving in to maven2. If you want, I can
>       name bunch of items which are very much important than this.

I'm +1 on this. I hoped that moving to m2 would be clear sailing
without any glitches but the geronimo example is an eye opener. It may
become a major surgery which is not at all feasible at this time.

> In a way, for me, this is a nice to have thing. But not necessarily.

agreed. Infact I've converted (atleast adopted) some of the WS-commons
things to maven 1 too.

--
Ajith Ranabahu