axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r384499 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: core/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/repository/util/ core/src/org/apache/axis2/description/ core/src/org/apache/axis2/engine/ core/test/org/apache/axis2/deployment/ integration/test
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:22:16 GMT
Hi all,
Let me start by explaing why a static AxisService found it's way into
the stub. A stub is always for a single service and it made perfect
sense to have a single AxisService object embedded in the stub. This
has been always the case and all the Axis1 crowd would remember that
they had a similar static block in the stubs as well.
However now the problem is this. All the modules engaged for client
stays in the AxisService embedded in the stub. Since the undelying
AxisService is static, it prevents the user from assuming that each
stub instance is independent of each other (they infact share a static
AxisService and if some modules are engaged to one instance they endup
engaged into the other as well). As all of you can see this whole
issue came into being since we use the axis service to handle the
engaged modules
As far as I can see we need to use instance variables instead of
statics. We lose the reusability but in this case resusing is
theoretically impossible. I have to agree with Deepal in this and my
guess is that we'll have to remove the static block altogether.

thoughts ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu