axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Data binding attachments support (was: CHAT LOG : 2006-03-29)
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 04:22:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm thinking of Buffering the stream containing the SOAP envelope only
when someone actually refering to the attachment..

> While that's interesting in theory, whoever sent the attachment more
> often than not expected the other end to read the darn thing. I don't
> see the point of that potential optimization. Maybe I'm missing
> something.
I'm also feel like this is over engineering and not sure whether it'll
become a overhead rather than a optimisation. IMO we need to have some
serious discussions in the maling list before doing something like
that..That's the very reason this is avoided in the initial impl.
Most suitable usecase in here will be the intermediaries, which
normally do not read the attachments.. Interesting figure in here will
be the number of usecases where people actually use attchments with
intermediaries..

~Thilina

--
"May the SourcE be with u"