axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Tam" <kentamina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] JAXB support via RI
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:41:28 GMT
> JWSDP is CDDL, GlassFish is CDDL...Should we pack up our bags? :)
> Geronimo needs a JAXB Impl not just us. Not taking a JAXB RI
> dependency forces us to think more than give up.

I'm not giving up, I'm just prioritizing :)  I would submit that it's
desirable in any event to support the JAXB RI as "just another binding
framework", though I certainly was not suggesting that it be
privileged in any way.

> BTW, there is already some code in the current SVN that calls JaxMe's
> schema to java generator. Not sure if the generated code works, IMHO,
> but getting that working that would be first step.

I just filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-530 on using JaxMe :)

I'll definitely move ahead with building more on top of JaxMe, but per
what I said above, would still like to tease out whether folks feel
that having _any_ (even optional) dependency on RI would be out of the
question (and if so, why?  Just because it's not ASL?).  Specifically,
I'm thinking that at minimum there would have to be code that
populated the in-memory WSDL model with a dep on com.sun.* classes at
build time -- even if those classes didn't have to be included in any
distro.

thanks,