axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Tam" <kentamina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] JAX-WS as another WSDL2Code/Java language option?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:39:28 GMT
Hi folks,

So after looking at this a little more, it seems that separating the
JAX-B dependency from JAX-WS isn't really practical.  I'm playing with
leveraging the JAXB2 RI, rather than waiting for an ASL licensed impl
-- the RI's JAXBModel interface & associated type model seems readily
usable.  This would require a binary-only dependency on the JAXB2 RI,
which is CDDL.

Thoughts on whether this is an acceptable approach?  If accepted, the
current license policy proposal being discussed in legal would
explicitly permit such a dependency; in the meantime, I know
ServiceMix has this dependency as well and appear to be quite happily
proceeding along with it until it's been declared to be clearly
problematic :)