axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Schema with no targetNamespace rejected
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:19:23 GMT
I agree with Dennis on this.

WSDL 1.1 doesn't *require* that a schema have a targetNamespace. The BP
does, but that's a best practice, not a spec requirement. WSDL 2.0 requires
that schemas have a targetNamespace, but that doesn't change WSDL 1.1.

The better solution is to throw a warning if the targetNamespace isn't there
--let XMLBeans throw the error.

Anne