axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Soumadeep" <soumad...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Management Interface
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:53:27 GMT
Sanjiva,

Wasn't aware of Chathura's situation, I do appreciate his efforts.

>From an axis2 perspective can we at least have a Management Mbean, which can
broadcast notifications so that any external application can listen to
events generated by ASIX2 by registering to that Mbean?

Thanks
Soumadeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:12 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Management Interface

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:16 +0000, Steve Loughran wrote:

> Hey, I have that @work too. Proxies, you understand.
> I have to put my laptop up on the WLAN as a guest for the day, which
> means going to the
> appropriate IT page and registering a guest (me) under the supervision
> of an employee (me)

At least when I was in IBM they were very intelligent about this ..
clearly HPLabs is still living in the dark ages of the Internet ;-).

Unfortunately U of Moratuwa doesn't have a model to make this work
easily .. the only option is to get an account on a specific machine
which has more access and set up multiple ssh tunnels etc.. Its not
impossible but a total PITA. When you are struggling to keep up with
coursework and also do this stuff for fun, its really hard to see the
fun of it.

No I'm not excusing him however .. I'm supervising his final year
project so he is of course expected to contrib stuff here ;-). TCP does
work over carrier pigeons too, so really there's not much of an
excuse! ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Chronographos/Pigeon-implemented_TCP/IP

> Usually committer access is a bit easier because HTTPS is less likely to
> be fiddled with at the gate

These guys even shut down 443. :(.

Sanjiva.