axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generic phase for module authors
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:03:47 GMT
Hi Deepal,

yes, it is easier when handlers have to be added only to the predefined
phases. The users will be able to add the module by a simple drag & drop.

But since these phases are named in a generic manner (not as RMPhase
SecurityPhase etc)  it will be very common for handlers from various modules
to end up in the same phase.
But there are cases where we want to make sure that handlers are invoked in
a specific order. (for e.g. RM + Security).

This will increase the usage of the phase order feature. But current phase
order implementation only offers  simple functionalities (for e.g. we cannot
say a RM Inflow Handler have to be after the two addressing handlers, when
they are in the same phase).
Is it possible to make this feature a bit advance. I think it will be quite
useful.

Thanks.
Chamikara